Friday, April 28, 2006

On Mission, not Missing

Its a nice compliment when someone syas to you - What's been happening in Wood Street World? - in a tone that says - Where have you been? Having not written for over a week, I've lots to say, but am concious that I could bore anyone quite easily with a blow by blow account of my week!

ICC where I study supports a football team that plays in the West of Scotland Evangelical Churches League. We're currently at the top of the league with 4 games to play, needing 5 points to win the championship!
We went away for the weekend to Newcastle. The majority of the boys are not Christians and have a lifestyle that I used to share, which meant it was interesting for two reasons: First because I still feel a pull or pressure to drink and behave in a certain manner in order to be 'One of the lads'. Secondly because, knowing me and my beliefs, it leads to some very interesting discussions.

I have been praying for one of the lads in particular who has asked me about my faith on a few occassions. We had two great discussions in which I was able to share parts of my testimony. The first time he said that so much of my story was just so relevant to him at that point in time and the second he confessed that he really wants to change a lot of his attitudes and behaviours, but he finds it so difficult.
In one sense these discussions were so encouraging, and in another frustrating as I watched him resume normal behaviour - it really drove home what a hold sinful desires like lust hold over people.

It was a great weekend at the end of the day and I am so glad I was able to get to know so many of the lads a bit better. It would just be amazing if God could rescue some of these guys through this team.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good to have you back in the blogosphere bud!