Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Finding my Feet



It takes a while to get used to a new role, that's what I have been finding recently. I am no stranger to leadership posts, speaking in front of large groups, chairing meetings, organising events and everything else that comes with being the student president at ICC but the last four weeks have been a real learning curve for me and reminded me that is is so easy when we have not been exercising our skills and talents to become underconfident. I am so grateful for one member of the student body who took the time after morning worship last monday to encourage me that he could see me getting more used to the role. It put things in perspective and really settled my nerves. I had the chance to thank him yesterday and he noted that the previous president had been the same - I had thought it just came effortlessly to my predecessor, but then I didn't see his first term 'in office'.

The college community is such an encouraging place, despite being a bit shaky (particularly leading the college in prayer) everyone has been so patient and understanding. Thanks to everyone that has prayed with me and for me the last few weeks, I really appreciate you and what you have been doing to help. Mostly, I want to Praise and thank God for calling me to this post and allowing me to use my gifts to serve my fellow students in this way - you know me so well.

1 comment:

lynn said...

Hi Nick

I am so glad I found your blog.....!! Took some twists and turns, took a right at Santa Fe trail, ended up on Coxy's cheese blog, turned right again and then found myself at your blog!

It's been GREAT to read about all the events that have formed you as a Christian. I found your posts incredibly encouraging. What an amazing God we serve - I can never, ever get my head round the fact that he REALLY changes people's lives all over the world and that we will meet countless saints in heaven who all found him through the tangle of life.

Look forward to seeing you and Jill on Sunday :-)