Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Summer Work anyone?


I find it quite easy to blog in fits and starts. Last week I blogged every day and sometimes twice! But now I am blogging for the first time since Saturday.

I just sent off my CV to a recruitment consultant to apply for summer work - WOW, this is a blast form the past. It is not something I have had to worry about since 1994 when I went out to America to sell books door to door and ended up working with the company for 11 years.

The work I am interested in is as an interviewer who goes out to companies and does all their assessment interviews. It may only be part time, but it seems to pay quite well and may be something I can continue through the college year. I am somewhat keen to have a bit of flexibility over the summer for other pursuits that may catch my eye - I am thinking about doing a car mechanics course!

I also spoke to a dear friend yesterday who was telling me about a company that works with Independent Trainers as associates and was going to recommend me to them. There is potential to make a lot more money, but it may depend on whether they have work to be done up in Scotland.

I trust that God has something ideal in store for me, something that will be interesting and helps pay the bills. Ah, the joys of student life return - Anyone know of any good summer jobs?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear pulpit supply pays well. just kiddin. jc

Anonymous said...

Hey I hear there's work going working with children in some Anonymous Church.....

It's unpaid but the Rewards in Heaven are Great :-)

Anonymouse