Thursday, May 18, 2006

Training

I'm off to footie training tonight. The team I play with won our league two weekends ago and we're in the cup final next Saturday. I have been quite injury prone this season, my stats so far are two hamstrings, one ankle, one groin strain; a strained back and one goal in the first game of the season! The boys tell me its because I am 31 years old, but I am in complete denial and am determined to prove next season that I can play a full 90 minutes more than 2 weeks on the trot:-)

Anyway, tonight is an important session for me as I did not train last week or play on Saturday and the boys that did played brilliantly to win 6-0. So I am off to impress the coaches tonight to try and win a place in the squad for the big day. I hope I can play, my Dad's coming to watch and it would be great if he could actually see his son play for even just a part of the game. I may need a lot of prayer!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

injuries...get one and they keep coming, trust me; i was a pro injury for 5 years!

Anonymous said...

is that will young on the picture with jill?!