Thursday, May 04, 2006

Rest and Restoration

It's amazing what a difference a good night's sleep makes. The last week or so has been a bit tiring. It started with a weekend away to Newcastle with the boys from football which knocked my sleep pattern a bit, then I was ill for a few days which really knocked the stuffing out of me, then Jill and I were away for the weekend. All of these things have disrupted my normal routines and so coming into this week with a friendship day to organise at college which lead to me writing a talk until 2am on Monday night resulted in me feeling just a little bit drained. Any time I get drained I feel fearful, doubtful and generally uncertain about my faith - but last night I had an early night, then a relaxing bath this morning and all of a sudden this afternoon when it came round to studying I felt so different. Going to the prayer breakfast with Biz and Chris really helped too and I really appreciated the chance to share with them both and begin the day in prayer. I'm off to footie training tonight with a bit of a dead leg and a big game looming on Saturday - one more victory and we are the Champions! An update will be forthcoming.......

No comments: